CHAPLAIN MOBILIZATION SOP
1. REFERENCES: AR 165-1, FM 16-1, Annex B to AMOPS III,
FORMDEPS Vol IV, MTBSP, Appendix 7 (Chaplain) to Annex E (Pers)
to FORSCOM MOB PLAN, and other applicable references.
2. PURPOSE: The SOP identifies and addresses the major areas of
chaplain coverage concern during mobilization. Annexes will be
updated periodically as indicated in order to provide acceptably
current data. Projected population fluctuation and consequent
chaplain activity requirements will be identified. Procedures to
be undertaken in order to meet those requirements will be
outlined with actions necessary to achieving an acceptable
readiness posture. Necessary actions will be effected
immediately and updated continuously.
3. SCHEDULE OF CHAPLAIN ARRIVALS: A list of chaplains to
mobilize at the MOBSTA, cross-referenced by date of arrival,
unit, denomination, rank and other pertinent data. (This
includes TPU, IRR, IMA, and retirees.)
4. UNITS WITHOUT ASSIGNED CHAPLAINS: A list of all units, down
to detachments, arriving at MOBSTA. The list should also
indicate units authorized a chaplain but not filled. This will
assist in developing the Command Master Religious Support Plan.
5. FLUCTUATION OF MOBILIZATION POPULATION: This is to reflect
the expected arrivals and departures, together with the projected
adjustments to the Command Master Religious Support Plan.
6. COVERAGE REQUIREMENT: Indicate the denominational faith-mix
and any special religious faith needs.
7. LIAISON WITH CONUSA: Indicate the relationship, the reports,
and the procedure of reporting and implementing cross-leveling.
8. CHAPLAIN TRAINING: Review Chaplain Installation Training
Program to insure mobilization training for active and reserve
chaplains and chaplain assistants prior to mobilization, and
establish training requirements for mobilization.
9. CHAPLAIN SUPPLY ITEMS: Indicate how Chaplain Kits and