f. Stationing Criteria.
(1) Deploying units will be stationed where they can be trained and readied
for deployment. Some ARNG division elements will be mobilized separately
from their parent division because of the absence of necessary ranges at the
(2) Units will be stationed close to home station and on their equipment when
feasible. Ideally, unit mobilization station, annual training (AT) site, and
equipment location will be the same.
(3) Roundout units will be stationed at sponsor unit's station when feasible.
g. Troop Housing.
(1) Basic trainees, receptees, OCS students and patients in barracks will be
housed at not less than 72 square feet per individual.
(2) All other enlisted personnel will be billeted at not less than 54 square feet
(3) Installation commanders should review the MDATE, MBODD, and
MBSAD contained herein, for units mobilizing at their installations and
should provide proposed changes to the CONUSA, after coordination with the
MACOM as appropriate. Changes will be coordinated with RSC/TAG and
with mobilizing units where feasible. The changes will then be submitted by
installation to headquarters, FORSCOM.
(4) Mobilization sites, not designated as a mobilization station, should submit
changes through appropriate channels to the CONUSA.
(5) Mobilization station commanders are authorized to retain units at home
station up to deployment dates provided such units are within commuting
distance from the mobilization station. For example, it may be feasible for a
unit located in Columbus, Georgia, whose mobilization station is Fort
Benning, to be mobilized and remain at the unit armory or center and
commute to Fort Benning for training and processing. The unit would then
deploy from Fort Benning.
(6) Guidance for direct deployment and modified deployment of selected
reserve component units from their home stations is contained in Volume III,
Part 2 of FORMDEPs.
(7) Upon full mobilization, all installations now under DA control or subject
to recapture will be available for army use.
h. Deploying and Nondeploying Units.